Korea Klubben (DK)
Official Organization Name: Korea Klubben
Location / Region Served: Based in Copenhagen, but local groups all around the country.
Year Founded: 1990
Member of IKAA Network Since: Founding Member
Mission Statement: Korea Klubben is committed to facilitate contact among Korean adoptees, provide a space to share adoption experiences, inform about Korea and Korean culture, and promote and provide Post-Adoption Services.
Korea Klubben is the Danish association of Korean Adoptees founded in 1990 and is one of the oldest and largest of its kind in the world. With more than 600 memberships – or nearly 2000 individuals Korea Klubben organizes a large variety of activities every month.
The association has played an active role in the establishment of the international network of Korean adoptees as well as in the organization of the large adoptee Gatherings in Korea.
Regular Programs, Activities, and Events:
– Monthly Dinners
– Annual Fall Camp
– Cultural Events & Activities (Film Festivals, Musical Performances, Korean Cultural Workshops)
– Annual Events (Christmas Party, Christmas Market, Summer Party, Seollal and Chuseok)
– Various Social Activities (Picnics, Sports, Make-up Classes, Dinners)
– Adoption Forums & Workshops on Adoption Issues
– Facilitating Group Tours to Korea (Organized by Meari Travel)
– Family Activites
– Peer Counselling
– Educational Programs & Seminars for Adoption Professionals, Prospective & Adoptive Parents, Authorities)
– Co-organizer of the Annual Copenhagen Kimchi Festival
– Bi-Annual Magazine Ch’ingu
– Conferences Proceedings & Post Adoption Paper
– Recommendations for New Adoption Law, 2013-2014
Official Website: www.koreaklubben.dk
Organization Email: firstname.lastname@example.org