As a volunteer based organization, IKAA has traditionally asked for volunteers from the IKAA network organizations. As we embrace a more digitally connected age, we are looking to expand the team more broadly to those who believe in and want to support IKAA’s vision and mission. We are looking for passionate, creative, and collaborative humans to help IKAA better serve the adoptee community.
If you would like to apply to any of the roles (see below), please fill out the Volunteer Form. Volunteers should expect to commit about 4 hours per week to volunteer activities / duties. Previous experience volunteering in the adoptee community is helpful, but is not required. All new volunteers will be assisted by our Volunteer Coordinator to help you onboard and get started.
IKAA Volunteer Areas
We are seeking creative and collaborative individuals to join our organization in the role of a Community Engagement and Digital Content Lead. IKAA collaborates with many organizations and researchers in the community. In this role, you will work with stakeholders to gather, develop, and share content and resources for the adoptee community. This role offers a unique opportunity to make a meaningful impact and learn more about the adoptee community. If you are a creative, driven, and collaborative individual, we encourage you to apply for this role.
- Contributing to IKAA’s virtual event planning
- Developing virtual event promotional content
- Collaborating with others to host and facilitate virtual events for the community
- Managing Facebook and IG accounts
- Digital newsletter design
- Collaborating with others to gather and edit newsletter content
- Ensuring consistent quality and timely delivery to subscribers
- Donor outreach
- Grant research and writing
- Ensuring the website is up-to-date
- Integrating new designs and content