IKAA member organization Also-Known-As, Inc. is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2021. They kicked off their anniversary celebration with a virtual panel to discuss how international adoptees are coming together to educate, empower, and organize transracial and transnational adoptee communities.
Also-Known-As’ 25th Anniversary Kick Off Panel and Discussion: Celebrating the Global Adoptee Community!
During our virtual panel, we will hear about the founding of Also-Known-As, the experiences within Vietnamese and Hong Kong adoptee communities, and how international adoptees are coming together to educate, empower, and organize transracial and transnational adoptee communities. This event will be a moderated panel with Q&A to follow. Attendees will also have the opportunity for small group discussions with the panelists to reflect on how our community continues to grow and strengthen.
The panel will be moderated by Marissa Martin, former President of Also-Known-As and will feature:
- Amanda Baden: Hong Kong adoptee, licensed psychologist in New York City and Professor in the graduate Counseling Program at Montclair State University in Montclair, New Jersey
- Taneka Jennings: Korean adoptee, Deputy Director at HANA Center, Campaign Manager at Adoptees for Justice
- Hollee McGinnis: Korean adoptee, founder of Also-Known-As, assistant professor in the VCU School of Social Work
- Jared Rehberg: Vietnamese Adoptee, Singer-Songwriter
- Hope Johnson: Chinese adoptee, member of AKA since youth mentorship, chef, musician, athlete